Website Flexisource IT
The purpose of this role is to define, produce, maintain, and support software solutions for internal and external customers. This may include producing internal software and services which assist the businesses be more efficient, undertake a specific task, or producing and maintaining software solutions which are offered to our clients.
This is a full-time permanent role (During COVID lock-down there may be an expectation to work from home).
The role will report to one of our Squad Leaders within the Platform and Development department and will work closely with their fellow squad members and other staff across the organisation in project teams. The role is considered to be a senior developer position.
The role may include the provision of on-call support services for scheduled sporting matches and race meets at regular times on a rostered basis.
- Develop software applications to meet business objectives using appropriate technologies
- Ensure development effort is aligned with agreed priorities
- Complete tasks assigned within agreed time frames and budgets
- Confer and assist team members and other developers on problems, improvements and modifications to system software and projects
- Utilise existing shared code and common libraries where possible
- Adopt test-driven development methodologies to improve software quality
- Work closely with other developers within department to ensure effective re-usability
- Fully document work so that it can be maintained by colleagues
- On occasion, provide project leadership and BA functions
- Provide operational technical support for products and solutions as required
- Provide after-hours support for applications that fall within your area of responsibility where required
- Assist in defining and prioritising development work
- Sharing knowledge, reporting and communication with other staff members
- Taking leadership in identifying and consistent adoption of development standards, practices, and technologies.
- Regularly attended and present technical concepts and innovative ideas to internal forums and project teams
- Work closely with Technical Architects to create and drive forward the core platform
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior software developers, especially in adoption of agreed standards, processes, and guiding principles.
- University level qualification in information technology or allied disciplines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in full stack software development
- Strong industry experience in ReactJS or similar front-end software development technology
- Strong experience in React Redux and Hooks highly regarded
- Experience in .Net Core and C# a real benefit
- Industry experience working with AWS services and a familiarity of VMs, container technologies including Docker and VMWare
- Experience with CD/CI pipelines including GIT code repositories and workflows
- Good negotiating skills, with an ability to confidently work with challenging squad members and squad dynamics
- Good written and oral communication
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Team player with experience working in development teams
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org