Website Flexisource IT
Our client is a privately owned Australian company that provides accurate data and analysis in a real-time environment, as well as delivering high quality research, content, software products, technology and television solutions to the media, sporting organisations and other professional clients. They work across all major Australian sports including AFL, NRL, Rugby Union, Football, Netball and Golf. Employing approximately 60 permanent and 220 casual staff, the company has experienced strong growth over a sustained period and has quickly moved from a small company to a medium-sized business.
The purpose of this role is to define, produce, maintain, and support software solutions for internal and external client customers. This may include producing internal software and services which assist the businesses be more efficient, undertake a specific task, or producing and maintaining software solutions which are offered to customers. The role will report to Squad Leaders within the Platform and Development department and will work closely with their fellow squad members and other staff across the organization in project teams. The role is considered to be a mid-level developer position. The role may include the provision of on-call support services for scheduled sporting matches and race meets at regular times on a rostered basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- Develop software applications to meet business objectives using appropriate technologies.
- Ensure development effort is aligned with agreed priorities.
- Complete tasks assigned within agreed time frames and budgets.
- Confer and assist team members and other developers on problems, improvements and modifications to system software and projects.
- Utilize existing shared code and common libraries where possible.
- Adopt test-driven development methodologies to improve software quality.
- Work closely with other developers within department to ensure effective re-usability.
- Fully document work so that it can be maintained by colleagues.
- On occasion, provide project leadership and BA functions.
- Provide operational technical support for Champion Data products and solutions as required.
- Provide after-hours support for applications that fall within your area of responsibility where required.
- Sharing knowledge, reporting and communication with other staff members.
- Consistently strive to identify and adopt development standards, practices, and technologies.
- Attended and present technical concepts and innovative ideas to internal forums and project teams.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and experience across the following:
- University level qualification in information technology or allied disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a software developer utilising C#.
- Industry experience in .Net Core, and C#.
- Industry experience with AWS highly regarded.
- Industry experience with ReactJS / Web Front-End a benifit.
- Experience with CD/CI pipelines including GIT code repositories and workflows.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Strong conceptual, critical thinking and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Team player with experience working in development teams.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com