In today’s fast-paced software-producing society, quality assurance has proven necessary in ensuring that every product released to the market is of high quality. However, despite all the tools and best manual testing practices, companies are having difficulty keeping up with the product quality and high demand. Speed is essential, and manual testing just takes more time to process.
Likewise, companies are increasingly turning towards automation testing tools for their development process. It saves human time and effort and leaves minimal to no error in testing. And with the increased need for automation testing, tools have popped right and left.
As such, we listed the most inclusive and top-tier automation testing tools in the market in this article.
What is Automation Testing?
Automated testing is becoming increasingly important. Developers can use it for all stages of the software development lifecycle, and it has many benefits.
Automation Testing has reduced the time required to test software, improve accuracy, and create more robust tests. In addition, it allows developers to focus their attention on building features instead of spending hours writing tests.
Below are some more benefits of automation testing:
- Cost-effective. Although most of its tools are expensive, automation is more cost-effective than manual testing. Manual testing is more labour intensive, time-consuming, and still requires testing tools. And unlike Automated Testing, it is more prone to error. Automated testing is much cheaper in the long run, despite the initial cost for devices. Because once you’ve created the test scripts, you can use them anytime without additional charges
- More accurate test. Automation testing produces more precise and error-free releases. The generated test cases are more precise than human testes, reducing the risks of failure than human testers.
- Immediate Feedback. With fast execution, testers can get direct testing reports. You can release your application in the market faster.
Top 10 Automation Testing Tools in 2022
Software testing is crucial for the software development life cycle. With automation testing, however, testing is more effortless and faster. There are several tools accessible today that automate various aspects of testing.
Katalon Studio is a new generation automation testing tool used by software developers and testers alike. It provides more efficient testing applications, websites, and mobile apps.
QA Testers can use this automation testing tool to automate any type of test that you would otherwise have to do manually. Moreover, Developers can also use it for exploratory, functional, performance, regression, etc.
The software is available in two editions, the Professional and Enterprise editions. The Professional edition supports API, web, and desktop app testing. In contrast, the Enterprise edition includes API, web, desktop apps, mobile apps, and IoT devices.
Selenium is a web application testing framework created in 2004. It operates by taking the URL you want to test and then opening it up in the browser to type commands directly into the page. The Selenium IDE has an interface for recording and editing scripts and an interactive environment for running them.
Many web-based tools are available in Selenium, making the tests easy to author. Selenium has many advantages like flexible programming, compatibility with other languages, and support for WebDrivers—all making it an excellent solution for automation testing.
The nicest part is that it is a free and open-source tool that uses Java to create test scripts.
Testsigma is one of the excellent automation testing tools that allows testers to find bugs, test systems, and carry out analytics. This tool is easy to configure and use, has an easy API for adding new features, offers comprehensive reports on the test progress, and has a free trial period.
Furthermore, the product also has a Smart Intelligent Assistant to provide a personalized experience for those who use it.
Testsigma offers support for users wishing to create mobile or IoT enterprise applications. There are no limitations on the number of devices tested at once. Similarly, It is compatible with any desktop or mobile browser and any significant software or platform.
The best part about Testsigma is that it’s the most affordable web-based solution available, costing just $49 per month.
LambdaTest is an online automation tool that allows developers to create automated tests in minutes. It’s a secure, fast, easy-to-use tool with plug-and-play automation capabilities.
Moreover, the process itself is more user-friendly, as you don’t need any programming skills to use this tool. Similarly, the price starts at $39 per month and includes 100 minutes of software use and unlimited access to the company’s forum.
Here are some of its best features:
- Allows testers to run Selenium test automation scripts across platforms such as Android, IO, and desktop.
- Compatible with various browser testing on both desktop and mobile browsers
- Integrated debugging tools
- Geo-location testing
- Integrate with your favorite tool such as Asana, Slack, Github, etc.
Kobiton is a free, open-source cloud-based automation testing tool designed to help build automation frameworks. It provides a platform for testing and debugging apps on real devices in the cloud.
Likewise, Kobiton service provides an API to automate installing, launching and interacting with mobile apps on real devices. Also, you can use this API to create scripts that automate these actions from the command line or your favorite programming language.
Likewise, here are some of its features:
- Test any app on any device, real or virtual
- No need to buy or set up physical devices
- Free trial period of 3 months
- Allows parallel execution of test scripts
- Supports various platforms such as mobile, web, and desktop
- Compatible with both single API for Android and IOS
- Helps a lot of programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, Ruby
Worksoft is one of the best automation testing tools that help to reduce the amount of time and effort required for testing. Testers can use this tool in any type of environment, whether it’s on-premises or cloud-based, as well as any kind of data source, including databases and web services.
Moreover, it can integrate existing technologies to don’t have to change your infrastructure or workflow process. Watch the video below to learn more about WorkSoft:
QM Test Automation Studio is one of the finest automation testing tools that provides functional and regression test automation. This tool automates test cases and manages the execution to produce the desired results. Moreover, it is a cross-platform solution installed on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
QMetry Automation Studio is also compatible with web applications, desktop applications, mobile apps, and cloud services. In addition, it also supports many languages, including Java, C# .NET, Python Jython, and Ruby on Rails.
Below are some of its top features:
- Record test cases and generate test cases all at once with QMetry test recorder
- Allows import test data used against any data-driven test case
- Enables tester to execute test cases in various browsers
- Lets tester perform multiple automation on a different platform in a single project
IBM Rational Functional Tester is a top-tier automation software testing platform that provides a full range of testing capabilities, from unit to system testing. It can automate any type of operating system or device application. Moreover, it has been designed with the latest technologies and best practices in mind.
Here are some of its best features:
- Simplifies test visualization with its storyboard testing
- Supports team collaboration
- Allows integration with other software
- Accommodates frequent user interface changes to avoid high maintenance overhead with its ScriptAssure
- Features multiple customization options on test scripting – choose between Java or Visual Basic .Net.
10. QA Wolf
QA Wolf is one of the most potent automation testing tools to help you find out the bugs on your site and make it more secure. It is an AI-driven QA service that can automatically scan and find bugs on any website.
Similarly, both small businesses and large enterprises can use QA wolf to simplify their testing process and make their sites more secure.
- Allows you to re-run selected lines of code
- Uses 100% tests in parallel
- Compatible to test on multiple web platforms such as Chromium, Firefox, and WebKit
- Supports real-time team collaboration
- Opensource and free to use
This top automation tool aims at different types of testing. And despite its best features, always remember that your choice of tool should still depend on your software requirements. We hope that the above-listed tools can help you make your selection.
Likewise, if you are looking for automated testing services, Flexisource IT can help you. Contact us now!
Pamela is a full-time content writer and a lifelong Philomath. Her previous experience as a research analyst made her passionate about traveling the world and understanding how it works. During her day off, you can often find her indoors, writing stories or oil painting.