In an era of rapid technological advancement and global connectivity, staying ahead of the game in IT is paramount for businesses seeking innovation, cost-efficiency, and competitive advantage. One proven strategy gaining traction is IT outsourcing to the Philippines. This Southeast Asian nation has become a powerhouse in the outsourcing industry, offering a vast pool of highly skilled professionals who excel in various IT roles.
This article will explore six must-have IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines that can empower your business and keep you ahead. These roles are the backbone of successful outsourcing partnerships, from project management to software development and network administration.
Join us as we delve into the intricacies of IT careers, understanding their significance, responsibilities, and the value they bring to businesses aiming for efficiency, innovation, and sustainable growth.
Table of Contents
Why outsource your IT needs in the Philippines?
IT outsourcing in the Philippines has since been popular for years. It has proven to be a prime destination for businesses looking to enhance their IT capabilities and remain competitive globally. The Philippine outsourcing industry has grown into a leading global provider, valued at USD 250 Billion.
So, why is this the case? For years, the IT outsourcing industry in the Philippines has provided businesses worldwide with various benefits, such as the following:
- Cost efficiency. The Philippines offer significantly lower labour costs and operational expenses than hiring IT professionals in developed countries. According to LinkedIn, it should cost you between $500 and $1,500 per month when hiring IT professionals in the Philippines. This is comparatively cheaper than $4,700 when hiring an IT staff in the US.
- Wide Range of IT Services. IT workforce in the Philippines is proficient in various IT services, including software development, quality assurance and testing, IT support, cybersecurity, and more. This diversity of skills makes it possible to outsource various IT functions under one roof.
- English Proficiency. English is one of the Philippines’ official languages, widely spoken and understood. As such, many Filipinos are well-educated and proficient in English. In fact, the country ranked second highest in English proficiency in East and Southeast Asia, according to the 2022 Edition of the English Proficiency Index (EPI).
- Government Support. The Philippine government has supported the IT-Business Process Outsourcing (IT-BPO) industry. The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) has offered various incentives and tax breaks to attract foreign investments and promote economic growth.
- Time Zone Advantage. The Philippines is typically in a time zone that allows for overlap with both North American and European working hours. This enables real-time collaboration and ensures that IT issues can be addressed promptly, improving efficiency.
6 Important IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines
With that said, here are six (6) key IT roles and their responsibilities and salaries that you should hire in the Philippines!
IT Project Manager
IT Project Managers is one of the Philippines’ most in-demand IT Outsourcing Roles. They play a pivotal role in overseeing IT projects from initiation to completion. According to Techopedia, organisations that include IT project managers consistently have a 92% success rate in delivering projects.
So, what do they do? Basically, they are responsible for planning, executing, and delivering projects within scope, budget, and timeline. Likewise, the following are what an IT project managers do:
- Defining project goals, objectives, and scope.
- Creating a detailed project plan and timeline.
- Allocating resources and managing the project team.
- Monitoring project progress and ensuring it aligns with the client’s requirements.
- Identifying and mitigating risks.
- Facilitating communication between team members and stakeholders.
Average Salary: Project Managers in the Philippines can earn an average annual salary of $8,000, depending on experience and expertise.
Software Developers and Engineers are responsible for designing, coding, testing, and maintaining software applications. They are the backbone of IT outsourcing in the Philippines, with expertise in various programming languages and frameworks. Likewise, these IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines are responsible for the following tasks:
- Analysing client requirements and translating them into functional software.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Conducting software testing and debugging.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Staying updated with the latest industry trends and technologies.
Average Salary: The average salary for Software Developers and Engineers in the Philippines ranges from $23,000 annually, depending on experience and specialisation.
Quality Assurance (QA) Tester
QA Testers are responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of software applications. This IT role is significantly essential as they meticulously examine software to identify defects, errors, and inconsistencies. Likewise, they ensure that products meet quality standards before release.
Here are some of the responsibilities of this IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines:
- Developing and executing test plans and test cases.
- Reporting and documenting defects.
- Collaborating with developers to resolve issues.
- Conducting regression testing to ensure ongoing software stability.
- Automating test cases for efficiency.
Average Salary: QA Testers in the Philippines earn an average annual salary of $9,000 depending on experience and testing expertise.
Business Analysts bridge the gap between IT and business by identifying business needs and translating them into IT solutions. They are crucial in defining project requirements and ensuring alignment with business objectives. Similarly, for clients outsourcing IT projects to the Philippines, having an IT Business Analyst ensures that the requirements are accurately translated into actionable tasks.
Likewise, here’s a closer look at the responsibilities of an IT Business Analyst in IT outsourcing to the Philippines:
- Gathering and analysing business requirements.
- Creating detailed project documentation.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define project scope.
- Facilitating communication between IT teams and business units.
- Continuously improving processes and solutions.
Average Salary: The annual salary of a Business Analyst in the Philippines typically ranges from $10,000 depending on experience and industry.
Network and System Administrator
A Network and System Administrator is one of the most essential IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines. They are responsible for maintaining an organisation’s IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, and hardware. Likewise, these IT professionals ensure that systems run smoothly, securely, and efficiently.
Here are the responsibilities of Network and System Administrators in IT outsourcing:
- Monitoring network performance and security.
- Managing user accounts and permissions.
- Troubleshooting technical issues.
- Implementing cybersecurity measures.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Software Updates and Patch Management
Average Salary: Network and System Administrators in the Philippines earn an average annual salary ranging from $9,000, depending on expertise and certification.
Data Analyst/Database Administrator
Data Analysts and Database Administrators are responsible for managing and analysing data, ensuring its integrity, and extracting valuable insights. They play a vital role in data-driven decision-making.
- Designing and maintaining databases.
- Ensuring data security and compliance.
- Analysing data to provide actionable insights.
- Developing and maintaining data-driven applications.
- Collaborating with data scientists and stakeholders.
Average Salary: These IT Outsourcing Roles in the Philippines typically earn an annual average wage of $9,000, depending on experience and specialisation.
As we conclude our exploration of the six must-have IT outsourcing roles in the Philippines, it becomes evident that this Southeast Asian nation has become a powerhouse in the global outsourcing landscape. The Philippines offers a unique blend of cost-effectiveness, a skilled and English-proficient workforce, and a commitment to quality, making it an ideal destination for businesses looking to optimise their IT operations.
However, when outsourcing to the Philippines, it’s essential to consider the specific role, responsibilities, and salary expectations to ensure a successful partnership with IT professionals in the country. More importantly, it is best to check your IT outsourcing partner to ensure you hire a reliable and dynamic talent in your journey toward success.
And if you are looking for a well-founded and reliable IT outsourcing partner, Flexisource IT is here for you! Contact us and tell us more about your business.
Pamela is a full-time content writer and a lifelong Philomath. Her previous experience as a research analyst made her passionate about traveling the world and understanding how it works. During her day off, you can often find her indoors, writing stories or oil painting.