Website Makati City
Work from home until further notice
About the Client
Our client develops and supports software used by airlines and shipping companies worldwide. Their excellent reputation is built on over 20 years of software development plus class leading support.
About this role:
This job is all about fabulous application support. The successful applicant will have technical expertise combined with a desire to keep applications running smoothly and most importantly a friendly ‘can do’ attitude. Attitude is everything.
From your home office you will be working side by side with team members in Applications support, User support and new product development.
The software is deployed to 40 servers worldwide. These have historically been Windows servers but they are rapidly converting to Linux servers. The servers are predominantly cloud installations. The software connects to the airline’s or shipping company’s pricing and reservations systems, and through a set of automated tasks, constantly fine tunes the prices and availability on the flights and voyages.
The core function of the role, as a member of the operations team, is keep the software and all its associated applications and automation tasks working smoothly across all servers.
Typical working week:
40 hours spread made up of 5 x 8 hour shifts. Weekend and night time shift work is part of the job. The earliest shift commences at 5am PH time. The latest shift concludes at 12mn PH time.
The right candidate for this role would have skills and experience which would include:
- Shift roster including work on weekends
- Application Support & Customer communication experience
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and troubleshooting of technical issues
- Linux Server Administration & Batch script experience
- Windows Server Administrator & PowerShell/VB Scripting experience
- Experience in AWS Cloud services like EC2, S3, Security Groups, System Manager, IAM etc
- Production Release Deployment using GIT
- Understanding of network technologies & components and different VPN solution
- Administration of Office 365, JIRA and other cloud-based products
- Past application development experience in any programming language
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org