Website Flexisource IT
Our client has develop and support software used by airlines and shipping companies worldwide. Their excellent reputation is built on great software backed by fabulous support.
About this role:
This job is all about fabulous application support. The successful applicant will have technical expertise combined with a desire to keep applications running smoothly and most importantly a friendly ‘can do’ attitude. Attitude is everything.
You will be working side by side with team members in Applications support, User support and New product development.
Our software is deployed to 40 servers worldwide. These have historically been Windows servers, but they are rapidly converting to Linux servers. The servers are predominantly cloud installations. The software connects to the airline’s or shipping company’s pricing and reservations systems, and through a set of automated tasks, constantly fine tunes the prices and availability on the flights and voyages.
The core function of the role, as a member of the operations team, is keep the software and all its associated applications and automation tasks working smoothly across all servers.
The right candidate for this role would have skills and experience which would include:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar Application Support role
- Good communications skills.
- Experience in managing cloud technologies
- System and application troubleshooting experience
- Experience in managing customer reported issues
- Experience with Windows and Linux Servers, LAN and WIFI network
- Management Knowledge of Windows VB scripting , PowerShell and Linux Scripting is required
As an added bonus you may have:
- Airline or shipping experience or with an airline or shipping IT vendor
Duties & responsibilities
Daily/critical tasks include:
- Monitor Custom Application deployed in different networks and geographic regions and take swift actions to ensure the business continuity. Troubleshoot and liaise with customers, internal teams and vendors related to IT operations.
- Monitor and ensure systems backups are done as per the agreed procedure
Weekly/Monthly tasks include:
- Design, maintain and enhance application monitoring scripts (VB Scripting, PowerShell , Linux shell scripting)
- Design, create and deploy server scripts (VB Scripting, PowerShell , Linux shell scripting) to automate data transfers between airline systems
- Install, configure and maintain office network components like switches, routers, printers etc
- Install and support standard software on company laptops (occasional)
- Administration of the different software and tools used by the company like JIRA, Office 365 , Cloud servers
- Proactively find new ways to improve systems and processes
Why join us?
Our client includes a very friendly, expert blend of airline and IT staff. Our client is small enough to offer a positive and supportive work environment where every one’s ideas count, yet big enough to offer employment stability and career options.
True team work and flexible work roles – Staff are encouraged to suggest improvements to processes and software and these suggestions are often quickly acted upon.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org