Website Flexisource IT
This position is responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of the internal and external SRE infrastructure.
They will be responsible for proactively building and implementing services to help improve the efficiency of IT infrastructure and enable our client to effectively run their product to solve business problems. As the first point of support, the SRE will take ownership for ensuring that all internal and external infrastructure issues are proactively identified and managed.
The SRE will work collaboratively with their peers of engineers to ensure the effective development and delivery of all products. They will share their technical and commercial knowledge and provide a unique point of view to ensure that the designed solution responds to non-functional requirements – such as availability, performance, security and maintainability.
- Leave it better than you found it
- Make the most important thing the most important thing
- Family first
- Leverage collective genius
- Open, honest, and transparent
Design and Implementation
- Liaise with the development team (internal and vendors) during systems analysis / design / implementation phases of the project
- Liaise with business stakeholders, application owners and SMEs to understand requirements and specifications for solutions projects
- Proactively build and automate services to improve internal and external IT infrastructure and solutions reliability, resilience, security and performance
- Act as an assurance gateway enforcing quality and availability of the system
- Drive adoption of automation and IaC / GitOps
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Provide 1st line, on-call, support on all internal and external infrastructure issues, ensuring that all infrastructure security risks and performance issues are proactively identified and managed
- Shift security to the left, ensuring security is at the heart of everything we do
- Enable the creation of safer systems of work (Continuous Monitoring and Feedback)
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health ● Measure and optimise system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Follow best principles for maintaining and improving the security posture of our systems.
- Securely store information by ensuring all endpoint security is correctly implemented. Ensure all passwords and secrets are stored securely and all customer data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Strictly follow all change control procedures
- Ensure all software developed or used complies with the cryptography standards set out in the Cryptography Policy.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- 3+ years in SRE, Platform Engineering, DevOps or similar role
- 2+ years with AWS in production
- 1+ years administering Kubernetes clusters and workloads
- GCP and Azure clouds
- Continuous Delivery
- Designing, deploying, and operating mid to large-scale enterprise or cloud environments
Skills and Knowledge
- Docker and Kubernetes, Terraform, Packer, Prometheus, other observability tools.
- Experience with shell scripting, Python, Golang
- Up to date knowledge of industry best practises, design patterns, and security standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Agile and DevOps
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Collaborative approach to work, with a tendency to draw on the knowledge of others to get the right solution
- Tenacious and innovative approach to complex problem solving and a desire to solve problems effectively and proactively
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for technology and learning new skills
- Customer-centric approach to business
- Great prioritisation skills – with a focus on making the most important thing
● Open, honest, and transparent approach to work
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com