Website Makati City
- Full time for 8 weeks only but with possibility to extend
- Work from home
- 7am – 4pm PH time
Primary purpose of position
Senior Business Analyst plays a lead role with accountability for requirements gathering, analysis and functional design. The role will also mentor and manage other BAs as required and take the lead in business analysis and process mapping discussions with business stakeholders to facilitate workshops.
The role required an experienced all-round practitioner with hands on experience across both waterfall and Agile domains.
The primary duties of the Senior Business Analyst are:
- Perform business analysis activities to ensure solutions meet the requirements of the organisation and project specifically.
- Lead and facilitate workshops leading to the documentation of requirements and analysis, guiding business stakeholders where required to illicit the level of information to provide robust and accurate requirements.
- Perform gap analysis between ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes as input to solution design
- Produce/document clear and concise business analysis artefacts (where applicable and not limited to) business requirements, business rules, process models/flow diagrams, requirements traceability matrix, Epics/stories/features
- Create function designs based on requirements and work with Architects and systems designers, developer and testers to create and deliver system designs, especially when running to an agile cadence
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal/external stakeholders and team members; work with stakeholders from different functions to arrive at mutually agreed process design outcomes on occasion where there may be a difference of opinion between stakeholders
- To develop processes, procedures and work instructions as required by the organization/ project.
- Work with business users, and testers to conduct and triage application solution and user acceptance testing;
- Assess solution/system performance to validate system functionality in terms of business requirements and prepare options analysis papers that provide recommendations to business stakeholders.
- Gather and maintain a detailed understanding of the application portfolio on which projects will be based around.
- Continually look at opportunities to improve the systems and solutions as a key member of the team.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst and 2 years as a Senior Business Analyst with proven business analysis experience in developing business processes and implementing large IT systems.
- Prior experience working in Asset & Work Management implementation projects in Telecommunication, Gas, Electricity and Water Utilities industry domains.
- Proven experience in both business analysis and functional design, with hands on experience as part of a significant system integration project and significant project run under agile cadence (>$0.5m)
- Good working and background knowledge in all areas of business analysis, as defined by the BABOK® knowledge areas, and in depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles including agile
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into technical requirements; possess intellectual curiosity and ability to question subject matter experts in respective functions.
- Ability to understand technical and system integration requirements and translate to non-functional requirements (NFR) and integration requirements.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products, and work with the business and vendors to resolve issues as they arise; ability to advise, influence and build support for recommended business processes and changes
- Strong skills in developing data models, process maps, procedural documentation, and presentations
- Strong technical and business domain knowledge ideally in the Asset Management, Field Service Management, Work Order management, Inventory Management and Procurement Management functions and business processes. and Telecommunication domain
- Hands-on experience with Agile processes in a software development environment
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Strong business/client engagement skills
- Proficient in JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio; relevant business analysis tool(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, project management or equivalent qualification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org