Website Makati City
About Our Client
Our client is a successful green-tech start-up that provides solar home energy management for rooftop solar photovoltaic energy systems. Their mission is to empower people to navigate the changing energy landscape. Founded in 2011 by a team of passionate, world leading solar experts, they have developed a cloud-based data and analytics platform for solar electricity production and consumption and today they are Australia’s largest independent third-party solar and energy monitoring provider. Their core values drive everything they do: put people first, do meaningful work, collaborate, have fun, dependable and explore. They are looking to hire an experienced backend developer to join our growing software development team and work with them in a dynamic role with wide-ranging tasks in a rapidly changing and growing space.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the CTO, you will be working with small, cross functional teams in an agile and highly iterative environment where creativity is the most valued skill. You will work with data scientists, designers, and engineers to rapidly develop and implement new product features to create a truly customer centric user experience.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle. He/She should be responsible for the work being produced.
- Early involvement in technical design, UX, planning, and collaboration with the project team for major projects.
- Develop high-quality, readable, well-tested code at all times. Improve coverage of unit tests touching areas required by the scope of the project.
- Demonstrate independence with early issue discussions and initiative for raising improvements in existing and new services. He/She should be self-sufficient with project kickoff planning but also involve discussions and design sessions as needed, prioritize well, communicate clearly and early.
What we are looking for
- Tertiary qualification in software engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a high level of coding skills and capabilities;
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working in software development.
- Ability to work in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Experience with Project Teams ranging from 4 to 16 members.
- Be inspired, innovative and passionate about your work.
The following is the backend technology stack currently in use by our client. Applicants with experience or a strong desire to learn will be considered if addressed in the cover letter.
- Must have: Python, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL
- Nice to have: Pandas, Serverless framework with AWS, Celery, familiarity with DevOp.
- Atlassian development products or alternative collaboration and issue tracking tools.
What we offer
- A great opportunity to make a real difference to the fastest growing segment of the renewable energy industry;
- A salary package which will be commensurate with experience and will include bonus plus shares;
- A benefits package, including, flexible work arrangements, well-being program and professional development;
- A ‘family-like’ culture with a like-minded team who knows how to have fun along the way.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com