Website Flexisource IT
ROLE: Lead Embedded Software Developer
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client has been a leading innovator in security technology for 15+ years. The company is recognized for providing easy-to-use surveillance and business intelligence solutions. These solutions seamlessly integrate video, access control, alarm, audio and video verification, and disparate data sets such as ATM, Point-of-Sale and analytics, allowing us to serve a full spectrum of clientele needs, from small businesses and retail to enterprise-level corporate networks. Our client is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brand names and has earned a reputation for excellence and quality. Our record of achievement results from dedicated and enthusiastic people who work together to pursue challenging goals and objectives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role will develop high performance server and client applications for our client’s line of VIGIL products. As a highly innovative company, the role will also involve working with or around the latest video surveillance and access control technologies. Our client offers a relaxed, safe and respectful atmosphere where our developers are given the freedom and creativity to innovate and problem solve to help keep our products at cutting edge of our industry. Expectation that final deliverables meet or exceed the quality standards set out by the company and our clientele is always foremost, but our client’s culture affords our team members the opportunity to bring their own unique approach, personality, and self-driven motivation to the problem solving process. Our client offers a competitive benefits package and schedule flexibility because we understand that this is no longer a 9 to 5 world. We always encourage a healthy balance between work and home and there is no better place on earth to achieve this than majestic Vancouver Island, BC. Come join our Victoria team so you can work and play in paradise.
- Provide high quality software solution design and development in accordance with published architecture and company standards.
- Primary responsible for Video and Audio related products development in Linux system.
- Track, investigate, resolve application issues.
- Optimize the application performance, performing code peer reviews.
- Preparing and maintaining systems technical documentation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- At least 5+ years of Linux C++ development experience, with solid development and design capabilities.
- At least 2+ years experience using AWS IoT/Green Grass.
- Familiar with common data structure, algorithm, design methods and design patterns.
- Familiar with Multi-thread and network programming in Unix/Linux.
- Familiar with common streaming media protocols(RTSP/RTP) and AV format(H.265, H.264, G.711, opus).
- Familiar with at least one script language (Shell or Python)
- Experience in one or more databases: SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Experience in Video, Audio and Security related products development is an asset
- Experience in WebRTC is an asset
- Location – Work from home until further notice
- Schedule – Monday to Friday, 4am-1pm / 5am-2pm MNL time
- Status – Full-time employment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org