Website Flexisource IT
This is a key role within a highly skilled technical team, working for a ground-breaking start-up whose focus is software-as-a-service Business Architecture Modelling tools, as we move in to a new phase of business growth and project maturity.
We are looking for a backend engineer to work with the existing development team to help us migrate our server-side code into a modern microservices architecture. You will need to be fluent in one or more JVM languages (Java, Scala, etc) and have commercial experience delivering high-quality code to production in an agile fashion.
You will be joining the team on a permanent basis, with the role open for an immediate start.
Our second-generation architecture is an event-sourced microservices design. Any experience you might have with frameworks such as Play, Lagom or Spring Boot would be an advantage. Test-driven design and development and DevSecOps philosophies are important to our delivery procedures. Experience with APIs, both consuming third-party APIs and exposing APIs to the outside world would be well regarded.
The company is based out of our CBD office, but our development team is distributed and often work remotely. You should be comfortable with working remotely or integrating with remote workers.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Commercial development in one or more JVM languages (5+ years)
- Asynchronous programming patterns
- Design and development of a microservices backend
- APIs, both as the designer/developer AND as the consumer/client
- Working with databases
- Working in an Agile delivery team
- Test Driven Design & Development
- Learning new technologies as required
In addition, we are looking to compliment this with:
- Scala Programming Language experience
- Understanding of the Spring Framework, mainly Spring Boot
- SPARQL or other Graph DB
- Knowledge of XQuery
- CI/CD (we use Jenkins)
- Use of cloud service APIs (AWS and/or Azure)
What’s in it for you?
- Multiple career development path opportunities depending on your strengths and interests
- Innovative product and leading technology experience
- Great team and company culture
- Flexible work environment, ability to work from home, a fair degree of autonomy in your craft, etc.
- Location – Makati City | Work from home
- Schedule – Monday to Friday, 7am-4pm
- Status – Regular employment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com