Website Flexisource IT
About the client
Our client helps Aussie families teach their kids about money. Their flagship app provides parents with a safe and simple app that they use to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings and monitor spending. Kids are provided with a personalised prepaid card and an app they use to learn about earning money, responsible spending, and the importance of saving.
The up and coming products include an app to help manage daily school life and an investment app to ensure the financial wellbeing of kids right into early adulthood. Launched in late 2016 and have had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining them every day.
They are backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes’ Grok Ventures, and are now looking to grow the team. They are a small yet diverse team, with people from backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine and mathematics… they even have a professional golfer on the team! They are all passionate problem solvers who are eager to help Aussie families teach their kids about money.
Our client has experienced rapid growth over the last 4 years and now looking for a talented Software Engineer to join Schools team. In this team, you will build products that help parents and students order food and school items in an easy and efficient manner through use of mobile apps and web apps. You’ll use your ReactNative, Node.js, and PostgreSQL skills to build products that are used by thousands of families.
- You enjoy building products and are proud of seeing people use your products. You love to code, but more than that you love to see your code enriching the lives of others. You like a bit of variety and like the idea of working across different products.
- You are excited by ownership of the solution and want to be part of the process. You don’t want to just pump out code, you want to be part of the process of building great products. You want to take an idea from beginning to end and work with experts in various fields to find solutions to problems and bring those solutions to life.
- You believe in starting small to achieve big goals. You want to achieve big things, but you know the journey is about dozens of small wins. You’re not afraid of building the smallest thing possible, as a step towards the bigger prize.
- You love feedback from real users and believe in short and sharp iterations to get this feedback as quickly as possible. You can’t wait to get your product out to customers to hear what they have to say. You know that a feedback loop is critical to building great products and will help drive the direction of the product.
- You are technology agnostic and believe in using the right tools for the job. You’re keen and willing to learn new technologies as needed. Of course, you have your favourite languages but you’re willing to give others a go.
- You understand that the process of building great software goes beyond technical considerations. You understand the importance of working with stakeholders to get the complete picture when decision making. You’re not afraid to ask questions when things aren’t clear to you and you put all of this context together to drive your decision making process.
- You love the startup environment or are keen to see what it’s like. If you’ve worked in a startup before you know what it’s like and love it. If you haven’t, you’re keen to try it out and see how a successful startup operates.
About the role:
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team led by a Product Manager. The Invest team is a small team and you’ll also be working with a Senior Engineer on a daily basis. We encourage our engineers to expand across to other teams so there is scope to work in one of our larger teams in the future.
- Design, build and deliver features across our suite of products using a mixture of technologies. Your initial focus will be in ReactNative, Node.js and PostgreSQL. Over time, you’ll also get to work with other technologies such as Angular, Python, Node, .NET, SQL Server, AWS Azure. This is a hands on role, so you’ll spend most of your day within the code.
- Work across the technology stack as needed. You probably have a preference to front or back end technologies and we’ll work with you to ensure it’s your primary focus while still getting exposure to the rest of the stack.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in short, iterative sprints to achieve business objectives. We deliver to production at the end of each sprint. You’ll be working with the stakeholders to define short, concise user stories and deliver on them at the end of each sprint.
- Review and improve existing systems (Agile, CI/CD, Devops, Automation). We’re always looking for ways to improve our practices and you’ll help drive these while ensuring business objectives are met.
- Ensure that systems comply with our client’s security policies and procedures. They take security seriously and they’ll train you to ensure we comply to the standards expected by customers.
- Collaborate with the engineering team by sharing your knowledge through one-on-one sessions and completing shared initiatives.
- Proficiency in ReactNative, Node.js and PostgreSQL with a desire to learn other technologies.
- Proficiency in stakeholder communication and collaboration. This is a small team so you’ll be expected to be able to work closely with your colleagues to achieve your goals.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
What you’ll get:
- Work at one of Australia’s fastest growing Fintechs alongside some of the best and brightest.
- An excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy product and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- A flexible work place environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com