Website Flexisource IT
Our client is on a mission to kill a coal fired power station in 10 countries by 2023. The team is an amazing mix of some of the smartest, curious and most diverse people from all over the world working together to speed the transition of the world to renewables.
Yep, it is a huge goal, but this year they’ve become the leaders in what they do, using batteries in all sorts of smart ways.
- They love super smart, hardworking, dependable people, but you must be a good person first and foremost.
- They like independent thinkers.
- They like people who can state their case.
- They like people who challenge the status quo and are not afraid of change.
- They love people who are intellectually curious… about anything.
- They love people who make those around them better performers.
Tools they use
- They use loads of languages including (Node, Typescript, GoLang, C#, Python).
- They use AWS.
- They use MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis.
- They use Kubernetes.
- They use Kafka.
- They use BitBucket, BitBucket pipelines.
- Jira and notion for project management.
- 3+ years of back-end software engineering experience.
- 1+ years of experience using TypeScript to deliver production applications.
- Experience with TDD and latest testing frameworks.
- Experience with building microservices in cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience in API development (RESTful).
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation.
- Experience in modern relational and non-relational databases (e.g. SQL and Mongo)
- Experience with containerisation/orchestration frameworks such as docker and kubernetes.
- Energy industry experience.
- React experience.
About the role
In this role you will be working within an existing production squad to grow our Virtual Power Plant management platform, you will be responsible for both backend (80%) and frontend (20%) changes to the platform as well as designing and implementing new capabilities for our clients Virtual Power Plants.
This is a growing area for their business and it is expected that this role will grow into a technical lead role with you heading up the technical portion of a new platform squad.
In this role, you will be working on the cutting edge of clean energy and will be actively contributing to bringing about a better and cleaner world.
- Ability to work with the team in agile environment to produce high quality software.
- Produce technical designs to meet requirements and communicate designs clearly.
- Participate actively in peer code reviews.
- Produce outstanding quality code to ensure reliability, maintainability, testability and reusability of software.
- Configure and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitor services in production and troubleshoot technical issues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org