Website Flexisource IT
About Our Client
Small business keeps the world turning – it’s the lifeblood of the global economy. Our client are all about people and making life easier for their customers. We focus on streamlining and automating the complexities of the logistics industry to make it easier for small and medium businesses to grow to their full potential. With us, you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the fortunes of hundreds of businesses, and more importantly the lives of thousands of people.
Their web (PHP, Java, React) and mobile (Android, iOS) based warehousing and distribution solutions offer their customers incredibly simple solutions, but the software itself is rich and complex and has plenty for you to sink your teeth into.
About the position
This is your opportunity to join the highly skilled and collaborative team in Burleigh Heads, where you will be encouraged to apply your technical knowledge to real-world business challenges.
You will have a desire to not only implement new features and improvements to the existing software but also work with our Support and Operations team to understand customer roadblocks and requirements to ensure they become successful users of the system. In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team on the front-end development of the large, ERP-style Transport and Warehouse Management System.
- Collaborating with the product management team, developers, QA and other stakeholders to improve the user experience delivered by our web app, using React and related frameworks.
- Liaising with the operations and support team to identify client requirements and investigate issues including how to mitigate them and provide recommendations on preventative measures.
- Keeping up to date with current engineering trends, proposing and implementing improvements.
- Proactively participate in daily group stand-ups and regular team meetings to discuss current and upcoming projects.
- Providing training and assisting other developers in React adoption.
- Reporting to the team and relevant stakeholders on progress, timelines and roadblocks
You are a creative thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You possess the ability to take ownership, have a strong sense of accountability and use initiative.
Most of all, you must be someone who is driven, adaptable and willing to learn. Our client asks that you enjoy your work, strive to add value and, just as importantly, stay humble.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Strong desire to build visually compelling and user-friendly UI & UX.
- CSS, Sass working knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience within the supply chain and logistics industry is advantageous.
- Interest in taking on a non-React project and converting it to React.
- Experience with REST APIs and optimizing web app performance.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to translate technical information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Desire and ability to learn, understand and explain the technology behind CartonCloud.
- Self-motivation with an agile mindset (Jira, Sprints, Scrums)
The other stuff
Our client will support your desire for continual learning and training to help you flourish. They have experienced rapid growth over the last few years and have no intention of slowing down, so the opportunities for career progression are boundless.
Our client offers flexible working arrangements for all employees, with a range of other perks you will get to enjoy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com