Website Flexisource IT
This is a key role within a highly skilled technical team, working for a ground-breaking start-up whose focus is software-as-a-service Business Architecture Modelling tools, as our client moves in to a new phase of business growth and project maturity.
Our browser-side framework has been developed in-house and provides most modern conveniences, templating, custom HTML widgets etc. But there is plenty of opportunity to work on maturing our architecture as well as implementing new features in the application as they build out the new version of the application.
Our client’s web application is supported by business logic and database layers on the server. You’ll need to be comfortable with Ajax and WebSocket communication patterns. Java skills would also come in handy if required to work on server code.
Our client’s toolchain is modern, but not currently at the bleeding edge. You should be comfortable with the use and installation of build tools such as grunt via npm etc, but a willingness to explore and learn new tooling is critical as we continue to mature our application and our build chain.
You will be joining the team on a permanent basis, with the role open for an immediate start.
The company is based out of the CBD office, but the development team is distributed and often work remotely. You should be comfortable with working remotely or integrating with remote workers.
Ideally, our client is looking for someone with:
- Strong understanding of Data Structures.
- Understanding associated higher level front-end frameworks
- Understanding HTML, SASS and GIT
- 3+ years of experience in a software development role with 2+ years in a front-end role
- Knowledge of application testing and performance optimisation techniques
- Enthusiasm for building robust, performant, decoupled, well documented and testable software
- Willingness to participate in planning sessions
- Initiative and the ability to work independently to drive development
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team in a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- A sense of collaborative responsibility for the codebase, you should feel a compulsion to fix problems as you find them rather than ignore them etc
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English (both spoken and written)
In addition, they are looking to compliment this with:
- Experience working with Angular 9+.
- Commercial experience with Custom Directives, NgRx, Redux.
- Understanding of typical web application, SOA and micro-services patterns.
- Knowledge around component-based architecture.
- Experience with styled components in Angular with an understanding on how CSS works.
- Knowledge of open source libraries, tools and frameworks (e.g. for logging, wiring, testing, building).
What’s in it for you?
- Multiple career development path opportunities depending on your strengths and interests.
- Innovative product and leading technology experience.
- Great team and company culture.
- Flexible work environment, ability to work from home, a fair degree of autonomy in your craft, etc
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org