Website Flexisource IT
The role of User Experience Developer is to work closely with the designers and developers to translate custom designed conceptual experiences into functioning products. It is a ‘hands on’ front end development role, being involved in the day-to-day interaction with the client and often being seen as an expert in the front end in areas such as accessibility, best practices and browser technology. It’s not a passive role and requires creative thinking, not just accepting/implementing designs, but rather challenging concepts or patterns that don’t feel right.
- Translate static designs into functional, responsive web pages.
- Produce living style-guides when required.
- Work within limitations of existing UI frameworks as needed (Outsystems UI).
- Comply with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards
- A general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation and objectives.
- Participates in the recruitment process and is actively involved in recruiting events.
- Actively contributes to internal programs and process improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS and responsive design.
- Well versed with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility guidelines.
- Proficient with JS and at least one modern JS library (ReactJS, VueJS, Angular or similar).
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as SASS.
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as tailwindCSS or similar.
- Understanding of BEM naming conventions and practices.
- Experience with templating languages such as PUG or Markdown.
- Experience with some of the following tools Webpack, Gulp, NodeJS, codekit.
- Working knowledge of version control, preferably GIT.
- Experience with CMS frameworks, bonus points for Kentico or outsystems.
- Basic understanding of .NET and ability to work in .NET based solutions.
- Exposure to JIRA and Agile working environments.
- Basic knowledge of REST API principles.
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles.
- Design skills a bonus but not essential (Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well independently but also collaborates well within a team.
- Able to efficiently and effectively prioritise time and tasks.
- Exemplifies the behaviours for working in a positive team environment.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Polished and confident in client interactions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org